Monday, July 14, 2008

August already!

Well isn't this a fine kettle of fish! I wrote up most of this post over a week ago, came down with a wicked stomach bug and didn't ever get it published. Now I shall... sorry for the delay!
********************
I know everyone is getting utterly tired of the last post popping up whenever you check, but I just haven't had the wherewithall to sit down and get a new one written. Laziness, sheer laziness, I admit it. But it's high time, so here you go:
First of all, thanks for the wonderful comments last post! You make me smile. (And believe me, some days I need the smiles.) :) I've been re-reading them, just for the sheer enjoyment of feeling connected to you-all.

Our last trip to Denver for post-op visits went well. No unexpected news, just reinforced the plan for the future: radiation and a change in a few medications. They do feel the surgery went well, although the tumor was extremely large. After removal the edges were clear of cancer, which means they think he got it all and my dear doc says it's time to be 'cautiously optimistic'. Which we are - and have been, for some inexplicable reason. Of course, not being afraid of the future no matter the outcome of this disease, helps immeasurably.

In normal life news, we're doing fabulously. I am enjoying feeling good enough to do be out quite a bit. I'm loving the yard and garden and even weed pulling. It's been a wonderful addition to my mornings and excellent for some quiet meditation. So much in nature has spiritual correlations and I've been reveling in the lessons.

Here's a photo of why I try to do the mowing around this place... (I'm hoping Andy's mowing pattern shows up well enough for you to appreciate this:)


And here's our adorable little feathered friend. These little fellers are very hard to get good pictures of, I found, so this is the best I could do.




This is mainly for Tiff, so she can see how well these flowers are doing. I think they were just Wal-Mart specials, but they've come back with a vengeance.

And here are some pics of what we've been doing for entertainment lately. What a blast! This lake is only about 20 minutes away, so it's easy to pack the horse trailer full of dogs, a canoe, firewood, s'more-makings and etc and set off on a spontaneous adventure.

And that's all folks. Thanks for all your encouragement, both seen and unseen. You are dearly loved and appreciated.

19 comments:

Jen said...

Wonderful!!! The picture of Andy's mowing, however, had me laughing out loud! "Watch out! Crazy driver in the lawn!" ;o)

Good to hear how things are going! I sure think of you often (a LOT more than I actually let you know!) and I'm glad to know that you've been doing well (other than that icky stomach thing). So, take care and keep on keeping on!

Love ya!!

Renee said...

Ahh, this post was like a wonderful visit from you!! Thanks s' much for updating us all!

The last picture is the best one yet in all that you have ever posted. It is a MUST for the 2009 calendar!!!! Who was the photographer? Kudos to whomever it was!

Love u bunches....

ant Vik said...

Good news, wonderful encouragement, and great pictures!

Every time I read your posts, it is me that is encouraged to have a closer walk with God. A thought passed on from convention was, "I want to stop praying to God and start communicating with Him." It has really been so evident in your posts that you do just that. Thanks!

andy and michelle said...

In answer to your question, Renee, the photographer of the last photo was our great friend and fellow adventurer, Ty Frohbieter. He’s in the first couple photos there. Anyway, he and Andy are slightly insane when it comes to canoeing (let's just say safety ISN'T first), but it makes for some really good times and some hilarious videos. hmm... some of which I should post, come to think of it...

But that sunset-silhouette photo is an AWESOME shot, isn't it? Yes, kudos to good memories and good friends!

Anonymous said...

As others have said, it is great to have the posts from you again. You are a great "picker upper" of our soul. "We all smile" with you.
Much Love and hugs.
Kathy C

Anonymous said...

Michelle, I was so glad to see a new post. Every day when I checked your post and saw the same thing I worried that things weren't going well with you. I decided I would check today and if there wasn't an update I'd call someone to find out. I was hoping that you were busy and not having a chance to post! I'm so glad you're doing so well.
I also read your post for encouragement and inspiration and think of you often. I'm so glad you're doing so well. Myrna

Jocelyn said...

Thanks for the new post, I'm so glad you are doing well. The lake looks like a blast, what beautiful photos! I LOVE Andy's mowing job!

Anonymous said...

WOW Those are some beautiful pictures and I can just picture all the fun you are having on the lake. It was so good to see an update here. We will be optimistic with you and want you to know we are thinking of you lots and lots. I love your "touch with the flowers" as I seem to NOT have it. Course I know you put forth quite a bit of effort too. Maybe that is my problem. I loved the picture of Andy's mowing. I've heard of corn mazes maybe this is a maze for the little creatures that live in your lawn.
Love,
Retha

Anonymous said...

Ahhh - so good to have an update on how things are going and to have it be such good news! The lake pictures are so great! Wish we could be there and get in on some water fun! :) While the canoe was sitting there in the sand as the sun was setting, I think ya'll were making some S'mores and enjoying them. That's what I pictured on the other side of that picture anyway. :) Have a great day! Love, Michelle and crew

Anonymous said...

PERFECT! That's the best word to describe it all! I'm satisfied to know the HOW, WHAT, WHERE and WHO of all of you!!! :) I've not thought of the word "photographer" post Ty's name...but anything is possible! *smile*giggle* (sorry Ty!) :) Thanks for posting! Love and care! LW and all

Anonymous said...

Hey - everyone's right, those pictures at the lake are just beautiful...
k

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mimi/Susan said...

I was so glad for the update..was too busy to leave a comment on the day I read it. I assume that your all's summer is getting short but hope you feel great for the remaining part of it. Keep us posted! And keep mowing! :)

Anonymous said...

It was sure nice to see you in Laramie yesterday. Glad you are doing well......keep it up! Carol and Harold

Anonymous said...

So happy to see a new post from you and to hear that you are doing okay!! The pictures are beautiful!!
Love & Hugs!!
Janet

The J's said...

Happy to read your up-date, and enjoyed seeing your wonderful pictures!

All About the B's said...

Glad to see an update on your blog...I know some wish I would get ours updated, but time just hasn't been available. Glad to hear your reports though and see that you are taking time out from haying for fun. Fun is important too and should never be left out,unfortunately, it often is pushed aside by more important things. Loved the sunset pics, awesome!!
We miss seeing you every sunday!!

Lainey said...

Ty a photographer....hmmm....and why not? Smile. And who has ever seen Ocean Lake look that beautiful? It sure looks like paradise. You know how to live beautifully all the way around. Hugs to both of you from us.

Anonymous said...

I ALSO appreciate the mowing pattern left by Andy. Glad to see no dog or cats (or horses) in the path or anywhere near. Think thats when we met, when I was mowing my lawn and all dirty, icky, and you shook my hand anyway... love your beautiful summer pictures, you always seem to have the ole camera ready! My is usually in the bottom of the swim bag or something :) Love lots, Marcia